Posted By
postman delivers
Dec 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When do I need a model release?

If the images that you are going to use will have an identifiable human face, then you will need a model release. Are their other times a model release is required?

JR the postman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Dec 15, 2004
postman delivers wrote:
When do I need a model release?

If the images that you are going to use will have an identifiable human face, then you will need a model release. Are their other times a model release is required?

JR the postman

There are lots of issues so you final authority should be your local attorney.

In general if you ask someone to pose or even to just move, you need a release from them, even if you can’t identify them. On the other hand if you and they are in a public area and you are not using the results for commercial use, you generally will not need a release. It can get a little complex. If you are planning to sell the results, I suggest you plan on getting releases from everyone including any cats or dogs.

Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It’s Irish Math

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections