TN
Posted By
Tony Nazar
Oct 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like the application – the documentation and the help file is useless.

Whereas PE 2 came with a full fledged print manual, 3 comes with a getting started booklet that is a waste of paper. When I sought an answer to my question using the help file I was completely frustrated since it simply gave the same information in getting started.

The only way to learn PE 3 is to step out into space and see what happens.

I use a 1280 and heavyweight matte paper for all almost my photo printing. I also use Monaco EZ Color and Optix for color management.

The first time I went to print I found a box not like the print command box in 2. Fine – no biggie. But I could not figure out how to specify paper type and no further color management. Like I said, the documentation might have been written by my eight year old granddaughter.

Finally I bit the bullet and clicked on print which – miracle of miracles – brought up the box I knew from PE 2 allowing me to enter paper, resolution and management. My initial caution is born of a total mess I made of another 1280 when I used the wrong paper and got ink all over.

As I said, it was like stepping out of an airplane and hoping the ring on your chest is attached to a chute. 🙂

Tech writers everywhere take note. Yours is not an easy job, but you COULD do better most of the time.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections