Posted By
Diethard Wehn
Sep 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Newsgroup,

recently I took my first shots with the Canon EOS300D (jpg-Format). When I open them either in Photoshop Elements or in the "big" Photoshop, all of the colors are displayed just in some kind of green and pink. The same happens with pictures from my Dimage Z1 camera. All other graphic programs show the pictures correctly.
I have looked time after time for any options regarding the color display, but without any success.
Who can help? I use Windows 2000, Pentium III, with NVIDIA Vanta Graphic card.
TIA, Diethard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JG
JR Gardiner
Sep 17, 2004
Sounds to me like you need to adjust your monitor to PSE2. Adobe includes a "Gamma" adjustment tools to do that. It’s not hard to do. Look in the Control Panel, it should be there. Hope that does it for you.

Regards,
John Gardiner
Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
"Diethard Wehn" wrote in message
| Hello Newsgroup,
|
| recently I took my first shots with the Canon EOS300D (jpg-Format). When I
| open them either in Photoshop Elements or in the "big" Photoshop, all of
| the colors are displayed just in some kind of green and pink. The same
| happens with pictures from my Dimage Z1 camera. All other graphic programs
| show the pictures correctly.
| I have looked time after time for any options regarding the color display,
| but without any success.
| Who can help? I use Windows 2000, Pentium III, with NVIDIA Vanta Graphic
| card.
| TIA, Diethard
DW
Diethard Wehn
Sep 17, 2004
Am Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:41:03 -0500 schrieb John Gardiner:

Sounds to me like you need to adjust your monitor to PSE2. Adobe includes a "Gamma" adjustment tools to do that. It’s not hard to do. Look in the Control Panel, it should be there. Hope that does it for you.

Thanks for your reply, John, but I found nothing like that in the Control Panel. I now tried to open the same file once in Photoshop and once in Adobe ImageReady. The first one displays it wrong, the second one just right. Took a screenshot of it, and you can see it under http://www.wehn-online.de/__ps.jpg.
Still amazed,
Diethard
PD
postman delivers
Dec 1, 2004
"Diethard Wehn" wrote in message
Am Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:41:03 -0500 schrieb John Gardiner:

Thanks for your reply, John, but I found nothing like that in the Control Panel. I now tried to open the same file once in Photoshop and once in Adobe ImageReady. The first one displays it wrong, the second one just right. Took a screenshot of it, and you can see it under http://www.wehn-online.de/__ps.jpg.
Still amazed,
Diethard

To me it appears your preferences are set wrong… You need to reset the preferences to default..
Preferences settings control how Photoshop Elements displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, and uses plug-ins and scratch disks. You set most of these options in the Preferences dialog box from the Edit menu.

To restore all preferences to their default settings:

In Windows, press and hold Alt+Control+Shift immediately after launching Photoshop Elements. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

In Mac OS, hold down Option+Command+Shift immediately after launching Photoshop Elements. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

New preferences files are available the next time you start Photoshop Elements.

—-

This is the reason only Photoshop and Elements are displaying the incorrect color… Both programs have their color palates changes with a profile that was attached to a photo you opened in both programs…

JR the postman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections