CD
Posted By
Chris Dubea
Sep 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Did adobe in all their wisdom stop echoing the photoshop elements forum here? The amount of messages sure did drop off significantly.

I must have missed the announcement

============================================================ =============== Chris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JG
JR Gardiner
Sep 17, 2004
Looks that way. The forum in adobe is as active as ever.

Regards,
John Gardiner
Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
"Chris Dubea" wrote in message
| Did adobe in all their wisdom stop echoing the photoshop elements
| forum here? The amount of messages sure did drop off significantly.
|
| I must have missed the announcement
|
|
============================================================ =============== | Chris
T
thisisbogus
Sep 18, 2004
In article , Chris Dubea
wrote:

Did adobe in all their wisdom stop echoing the photoshop elements forum here? The amount of messages sure did drop off significantly.

============================================================ ============== =
Chris

Yes, and it’s very easy to configure your newsreader (Forte Agent) to pick it up that way. The name of the server is adobeforums.com and you sign in with the same login and password as is used via the web interface. If I can do it. . . .

-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power." -Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.
MM
Michael Moody
Sep 19, 2004
Melba – Thanks for the tip. I’m connecting again.

"Melba’s Jammin’" wrote in message
In article , Chris Dubea
wrote:

============================================================ ==============
=
Chris

Yes, and it’s very easy to configure your newsreader (Forte Agent) to pick it up that way. The name of the server is adobeforums.com and you sign in with the same login and password as is used via the web interface. If I can do it. . . .

"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power." -Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.
T
thisisbogus
Sep 19, 2004
My pleasure. I asked on the website forum and was told it had been discussed there – and someone told me about connecting via that server. I much prefer reading via my newsreader!!

In article <v843d.325470$>, "Michael Moody" wrote:

In article , Chris Dubea
wrote:

=
Chris

-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-18-04; Sushi Story "Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power." -Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.
C
Charlie
Sep 21, 2004
Could someone tell me how to configure Agent to receive the Adobe Forum like I did in the past? I am not doing something right because I can only get a few posts here.

Thanks, Charlie

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:14:07 -0500, Melba’s Jammin’
wrote:

My pleasure. I asked on the website forum and was told it had been discussed there – and someone told me about connecting via that server. I much prefer reading via my newsreader!!

In article <v843d.325470$>, "Michael Moody" wrote:

In article , Chris Dubea
wrote:

=
Chris

T
thisisbogus
Sep 21, 2004
In article , Charlie
wrote:

Could someone tell me how to configure Agent to receive the Adobe Forum like I did in the past? I am not doing something right because I can only get a few posts here.

Thanks, Charlie

I don’t use Agent, but I’m guessing that somewhere you find the place where you have server information entered. In NewsWatcher (a Mac reader), there’s a menu item called "special". In that menu there’s a choice for news servers. I click on that and get a window that lets me enter a new server. Enter adobeforums.com. Then I have to enter a user name and a password. The user name and password are the ones I use to log into the adobe forums via their web interface. Perhaps that has to be first established?

From the list of groups on the adobeforums.com server, I chose the ones I want to read and saved them as a file.

Now, all I do is open my newsreader and choose the saved groups file. The window opens with the name of the groups and the number of messages. A double click opens a window with all the headers and I read – or don’t – at will.

-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-18-04; Sushi Story "Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power." -Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.
C
Charlie
Sep 22, 2004
Barb,

Thanks for the reply. In Agent, there is no choice for news servers. Sure is a pain to change back and forth.

Charlie

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:15:24 -0500, Melba’s Jammin’
wrote:

In article , Charlie
wrote:

Thanks, Charlie

I don’t use Agent, but I’m guessing that somewhere you find the place where you have server information entered. In NewsWatcher (a Mac reader), there’s a menu item called "special". In that menu there’s a choice for news servers. I click on that and get a window that lets me enter a new server. Enter adobeforums.com. Then I have to enter a user name and a password. The user name and password are the ones I use to log into the adobe forums via their web interface. Perhaps that has to be first established?

From the list of groups on the adobeforums.com server, I chose the ones I want to read and saved them as a file.

Now, all I do is open my newsreader and choose the saved groups file. The window opens with the name of the groups and the number of messages. A double click opens a window with all the headers and I read – or don’t – at will.
O
oldnsenile_
Sep 24, 2004
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:35:25 -0400, Charlie
wrote:

Barb,

Thanks for the reply. In Agent, there is no choice for news servers. Sure is a pain to change back and forth.

Charlie
<snip>

Charlie,

The Forte FAQ for Agent explains how to set it up for multiple servers:

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#BB639CE8986FEDFC88256C 1E005A25BE

You just create a new separate folder for each server, and create a shortcut with the "target field" pointing to agent.exe, and the "start in" field pointing to the new data folder. Of course, you can name the new shortcut to identify the server.

OldnSenile

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections