Posted By
Alan Wonsowski
Sep 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I have been monitoring this group for several months and have learned a great deal. I also enjoy the challenge posts.

During the last few days, I have only received 3-4 posts per day. This is down from the normal of about 100 per day.

I receive a normal amount of posts from the other groups I receive. Is "adobe.photoshop.elements" still active or has there been a change in group address?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JW
JP White
Sep 8, 2004
Alan Wonsowski wrote:
Hi All,

I have been monitoring this group for several months and have learned a great deal. I also enjoy the challenge posts.

During the last few days, I have only received 3-4 posts per day. This is down from the normal of about 100 per day.

I receive a normal amount of posts from the other groups I receive. Is "adobe.photoshop.elements" still active or has there been a change in group address?

I see no more posts from people with an address ending @adobeforums.com. These are posts from the web based forum at adobeforums.com. Maybe Adobe no longer want to keep this NG forum uptodate. There are plenty of new posts at adobeforums.com

JP
D
Dave
Sep 8, 2004
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:57:37 -0500, JP White
wrote:

Alan Wonsowski wrote:
Hi All,

I see no more posts from people with an address ending @adobeforums.com. These are posts from the web based forum at adobeforums.com. Maybe Adobe no longer want to keep this NG forum uptodate. There are plenty of new posts at adobeforums.com

JP

Yeah, I think they shut off the Usenet gateway. I posted a message using Agent here about a week ago, and when I later downloaded new messages it never appeared.

I guess we’ll have to log on to continue reading.

Dave
C
clint
Sep 10, 2004
Testing?
"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:57:37 -0500, JP White
wrote:

Alan Wonsowski wrote:
Hi All,

JP

Yeah, I think they shut off the Usenet gateway. I posted a message using Agent here about a week ago, and when I later downloaded new messages it never appeared.

I guess we’ll have to log on to continue reading.

Dave
JG
JR Gardiner
Sep 10, 2004
There are plenty of new posts on the adobe forum, so it’s this ng
that’s suffering. For what it’s worth, I think adobe is making a
mistake by not feeding the ng. I have always found it easier to read from the ng than the forum.

If anybody at adobe sees this – or cares – please reinstate the feed.

Regards,
John Gardiner
Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
"Alan Wonsowski" wrote in message
| Hi All,
|
| I have been monitoring this group for several months and have learned
| a great deal. I also enjoy the challenge posts.
|
| During the last few days, I have only received 3-4 posts per day. This
| is down from the normal of about 100 per day.
|
| I receive a normal amount of posts from the other groups I receive. Is
| "adobe.photoshop.elements" still active or has there been a change in
| group address?
|
| Any insights will be appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Alan
T
thisisbogus
Sep 11, 2004
In article , "John Gardiner"
wrote:

There are plenty of new posts on the adobe forum, so it’s this ng that’s suffering. For what it’s worth, I think adobe is making a mistake by not feeding the ng. I have always found it easier to read from the ng than the forum.

If anybody at adobe sees this – or cares – please reinstate the feed.

FWIW, it’s very easy to get the posts via newsreader vs the web interface. I posted a question to the forum site and was directed to a thread earlier in the week. 🙂

Add a new server – name is adobeforums.com. You sign up with your sign-in name and password (same as for the adobe forums access on their website). Choose your groups. It’s not Usenet but I can read them with my newsreader (MT-NewsWatcher 3.0 for Macintosh). HTH.

Regards,
John Gardiner
Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
"Alan Wonsowski" wrote in message
| Hi All,
|
| I have been monitoring this group for several months and have | learned a great deal. I also enjoy the challenge posts. |
| During the last few days, I have only received 3-4 posts per day. | This is down from the normal of about 100 per day.
|
| I receive a normal amount of posts from the other groups I receive. | Is "adobe.photoshop.elements" still active or has there been a | change in group address?
|
| Any insights will be appreciated.
|
| Thanks, Alan

-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.
JW
JP White
Sep 11, 2004
Melba’s Jammin’ wrote:

FWIW, it’s very easy to get the posts via newsreader vs the web interface. I posted a question to the forum site and was directed to a thread earlier in the week. 🙂

Thanks for the pointer!! I am able to read again!!Yippee!!!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections