JW
Posted By
James_W._Walker
Aug 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Doesn’t Photoshop Elements have any commands for alignments, e.g., to move a shape to the center of the image?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MS
Mark_Sand
Aug 31, 2004
Do you mean moving a shape in general, or doing things like left-right-center alignment?
JW
James_W._Walker
Aug 31, 2004
I mean like left-right-center alignment. I know how to move things by hand.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Aug 31, 2004
James, I do not believe that elements has things like "snap to grid" or "line up to left side" etc.

All you have are the the settings for a grid and the two rulers on the upper lhs of your screen.

It is kind of skimpy but you can do quite a bit with it. Robert
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 31, 2004
Elements is a bit skimpy on alignments, like there isn’t any, nor are there any movable guidelines as such! But you do have a grid and snap to grid. The snap to works on any 8 perimeter handles as well as the center handle. With a little creative thinking you can over come all sorts of problems with these tools. For example if you want every thing all aligned or indented 30 pxls set your gird to 30 pixels, and drag you origin to where you want to start. Finally fine tune by dragging to the appropriate grid line. Again you can center images on the document by setting the grid to 100% with 2 division. It is just like the old days of working it out ahead of time.

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections