RH
Posted By
Richard_H_Paul
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before taking some photos with my Olympus C5050, I left the batteries out for a while. When the next batch of photos were taken, the dates on all of them reverted back to Jan 1, 2002 or some such thing.

This isn’t the first time. The last time I found out how to get into the EXIF information and change it to reflect the correct date and time. This is important for the way the photos are displayed in some programs, such as Adobe Photo Album, etc.

I can’t for the life of me remember how I was able to access and change this information last time. Was it through WINDOWS EXPLORER, or could I do it in PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS?

Thanks.

(note to OLDnSENILE) thanks for the response. i was able to join the forum. i still can’t change the EXIF info with your instructions. am I missing something? I can view it but can’t change it.

You told me "in the "FILE" drop down menu, select "File Info" In the "section" drop down, select "EXIF" in place of "General" Look for "Date Time Original."

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 29, 2004
Richard,

You can use this freeware program, "Exifer" to edit the metadata in the EXIF.

<http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/>
O
OldnSenile
Aug 29, 2004
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:41:00 -0700,
wrote:
<snip>
(note to OLDnSENILE) thanks for the response. i was able to join the forum. i still can’t change the EXIF info with your instructions. am I missing something? I can view it but can’t change it.

You told me "in the "FILE" drop down menu, select "File Info" In the "section" drop down, select "EXIF" in place of "General" Look for "Date Time Original."

Richard,

Sorry to mislead you. You are right, the EXIF data can be viewed but not edited in Elements. I hope I didn’t waste a lot of your time. I was up too late (or maybe the senility is getting worse). However, I am sure that pointing you toward the forum, with experts like Nancy, was the right thing to do.

OldnSenile
O
o3v3tz
Aug 29, 2004
Richard,

As you mention, the photo date does have an impact on the sequence of display within the PS Album Photo Well.

Since it seems that you are also using PS Album, you can change the photo date in Album. When you select multiple photos in the photo well and right click there is a "Shift to New Starting Date and Time" choice. This seems like it fits your situation.

If you wish more discussion, I suggest that you post on the PS Album forum.

BarbO
RS
Reiner_Schlieker
Sep 1, 2004
Hello all,

First time on the forum, thought I’d try it out!

Is there any way of saving default exif data in PS Elements, so that I don’t have to type in mostly the same text over and over again?

Thanks,

Reiner

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections