BK
Posted By
Bonnie_Kaminski
Aug 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Placing a graphic on a white background, for example in Front Page or Dreamweaver. Trying to change the page background to match a color in the .jpg graphic. Is there a basic way to match the colors so the background on the graphic and the page background blend/match? Photoshop 7.0, Windows XP, 1G Ram.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DR
Donald_Reese
Aug 11, 2007
If i understand your question,i think you could use the eyedropper to select the exact color you want from your jpg file and then just use edit fill on your blank document to implement your color as the background color.
BK
Bonnie_Kaminski
Aug 11, 2007
Sounds like it should work. I open the .jpg, copy it into a transparent background, click on the eyedropper and select the color in the .jpg I want to duplicate…then I don’t know how to transfer that color selection to the background. Am I setting it up wrong?
DR
Donald_Reese
Aug 11, 2007
I figured you were starting with a blank document. if thats the case, just click the eyedropper on the jpg as is and when you see the color is what you want in the foreground picker, you can just go to your blank document and choose edit- fill and make sure you are at 100 percent on foreground and it will fill at that color.
BK
Bonnie_Kaminski
Aug 20, 2007
Thank you for your help, I finally had the chance to get back to my work. Your suggestion worked…to a degree…to be more specific, I have a graphic with two colors. I want to change the background color of the .jpg while keeping the foreground color as is. Is that possible? If so, how? Thank you in advance.
BK
Bonnie_Kaminski
Aug 20, 2007
To be more specific, the entire .jpg changes color with the edit-fill. I just want a portion of the .jpg to change color.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 20, 2007
Select that portion before you fill.
BK
Bonnie_Kaminski
Aug 20, 2007
Just figured that out. Used magic wand tool. Thank you very much. Like when I learn a new thing each day. Complicated program. Have a good day.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 20, 2007
🙂
P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2007
FrontPage

’nuff said.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections