LS
Posted By
Larry_Scaramella
Aug 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have lost the use of my Brushes again and last time a reader told me to hit a sequence of keys at the start-up of Photo Shop. This essentially reset PS.

Can some one refresh my memory?

Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
Gener
Aug 2, 2007
Ctrl-Alt-Shift. Also check the FAQ at the top for more details if this doesn’t work.
LS
Larry_Scaramella
Aug 2, 2007
Thank you Gener, I did all three resets mentioned, The "all tool reset" the ctrl-alt-shift and finally the delete the .psp folder (well actually I renamed it) but still no working brushes. They even show up in the history.

Is calling and paying Adobe to fix it my only remaining option??????

Larry
G
Gener
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Larry,

From your June 21 post:

I am trying to use a mask and brush to apply a blending mode to a layer.Mode is Normal.. Opacity is 100 Flow is 100 mask is active, mask is black, foreground color is white.

I can do the exact same procedure on my lap top and the effect is working correctly..

What might help you troubleshoot is to compare side by side CS2 on your laptop and on your other comp. Look carefully and compare toolbars and palettes to see if some setting was bumped. Run the same picture through your workflow on both comps, pay close attention to what you do and see what difference there is if any.

Gene

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections