JY
Posted By
john_yannotta
Aug 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
These installed correctly but fail to initialize when Photoshop is launched.

Corel Knockout 2
Extensis pxlSmartScale

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Robert_Barnett
Aug 1, 2007
Talk to the makers. It is up to them to keep up with Photoshop. Knockout hasn’t been updated in probably 5 years. I don’t know why Corel bought it. Fluid Mask 3 is a much better option any ways. Extensis doesn’t have pxl SmartScale any more and hasn’t had it for nearly 4 or 5 years. OnOne has it along with Genuine Fractals which they do update. So my guess would be that both products while still being sold are pretty much dead and you won’t see much in the way of updates. However, I would still contact the companies that own them and let them know you would like to see updates for CS3.

Robert
JY
john_yannotta
Aug 1, 2007
Thnx for the advice. Yeah, I’ve had knockout for a while (and the other great plug-ins released back in the day as Kai’s Power Tools)

haven’t heard of Fluid Mask but i’ll google and see what i find, hopefully they have demo’s available…

It’s a shame in ways, i just hate buying software that ends up becoming outdated so quickly…

everyone else be sure to post here with whatever other plugs don’t work with PS CS3 so we can all keep finding viable alternatives.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections