JC
Posted By
James_Cho
Aug 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright, I know i’ve posted about this before — but it’s just getting more and more noticeable by the day. The problem is that when you are using any kind of path tool (line tool, pen tool, lassos, tablets) it lags absolutely horribly in Vista. And it isn’t just Photoshop CS3, it’s CS2, and 7.

This can’t be some kind of coincidence either – I have a great rig.. How could they not see this kind of problem? Now I have to spend an entire day backing up my system and re-formatting to XP, just because this new lousy OS can’t handle a program that by now, any professional in the graphics industry has, or has had. Vista is not only a waste of money – you’re also likely to lose half the hair you still have.

This is just a warning to any of who are thinking of using this program on Vista – save yourself the frustration, stick with XP, wait until they get all the kinks out of Vista. What a crappy OS..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CP
Cleveland_Park
Aug 1, 2007
The best thing you can do is to get rid of Vista. It damned near put me out of business with incompatibility issues!!!
RM
Rob_Miller
Aug 1, 2007
Hmm… I’m using Vista and it flies with those tools. I’ve actually found it to run much faster than XP did, once it tunes itself. Just did a bunch of work with the pen, lasso and with my graphics tablet last night. What kind of graphics card and tablet do you have and are you updated with the latest drivers?

rm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections