Bug in lens flare filter (placing a flare in Adobe CS3 Master Collection’s Photoshop Extended)

GR
Posted By
Glen_Rowell
Jul 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bug in lens flare filter:

I have a large image and when I use the lens flare filter, I get a tiny window to put the flare on the image. It is impossible to get the flare where the lights are in the image and there isn’t a zoom button in the placement window. How do I increase the size of this placement window or zoom into an area to place the flare correctly?

Regards,

Glen Charles Rowell

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GR
Glen_Rowell
Jul 28, 2007
I can’t even make a blank layer and move the lens flare around. Help me please.

Regards,

Glen Charles Rowell
BG
barry_gray
Jul 28, 2007
Glen,
Fill your blank layer with black, flare it, set layer blend to screen. Then you can move and scale all you want.
GR
Glen_Rowell
Jul 28, 2007
That’s a good idea. Thank you barry gray. I just hope Adobe fixes this bug soon 😉

Regards,

Glen Charles Rowell
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jul 29, 2007
wrote in message
Glen,
Fill your blank layer with black, flare it, set layer blend to screen. Then you can move and scale all you want.

Just keep in mind that this can cause a mess if you have other layers above and attempt to use other blend modes on those layers. This works for very simple things, but if you want something more advanced forget it.

The last time Adobe did anything with the filters that gave us the horrible Filter Gallery mess. If this is how they intend to "upgrade" the filters I would rather stick with what they have. Filter Gallery was a very poor idea, implemented in an even poorer fashion.

Robert
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jul 29, 2007
wrote in message
That’s a good idea. Thank you barry gray. I just hope Adobe fixes this bug soon 😉

Regards,

Glen Charles Rowell

Don’t count on it and it isn’t a bug. The filter works exactly as Adobe designed it. What you want Adobe to do is update and improve it. That also isn’t going to happen.

Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections