T
Posted By
thoughtstorms
Jul 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made the transition to Photoshop several years ago… and now with CS2 i’m finally feeling almost at home.

The transition is not easy, but i think finally it is worth doing, although i still use PhotoPaint and Paint Shop Pro, and Freehand. (I almost wept when i learned Adobe had assimilated Macromedia. Sniff! Maybe they will sell it off, but i have no heart with which to hope they will take the handful of good qualities of Illustrator and meld those into Freehand. Even if they called it Illustrator, if they did this it would be GREAT!)

One thing to NOT miss – that Adobe FINALLY got (almost) right – is custom keyboard shortcuts!

PhotoPaint had that for decades, and it ROCKED!

I’m not sure when Adobe smelled the proverbial coffee, but MOST of the tools and commands in PS (Photoshop) can be given a custom keyboard shortcut now!

(There are still a lot of standard shortcuts you can’t change, and there are some tools and functions i just can’t get to work – as of CS2, anyway.)

Have a look at customising your shortcuts (Alt+Shift+Ctrl+K) – you can make SOME of your familiar keystrokes from the Corel live on in PS.

In this topic i’d like to see questions and answers and tips for those of us who have been wrangling pixels for a long time, just while riding a horse of a different colour palette.

Have fun storming the digital media castle!
(I love a well-maimed-metaphor!)
—keith—
—thoughtstorms—

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
thoughtstorms
Jul 27, 2007
Here is a detailed (for newbies) "stepper" about making a gradient transparency.

< http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?224@@2cdde0df@.3bc49 034/2>
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 28, 2007
here’s a repository of a wealth of info that may be beneficial to experienced users and ps newbies alike!

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.1de5f905.2ccdf937/>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections