J
Posted By
jpacker
Jul 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Had a HD crash. After new drive inserted, set about reinstalling Photoshop CS2. Because this was and upgrade from 7.0, need old disk to install the upgrade version and I cannot find it! Customer service says there is nothing I can do. This CS2 was purchased, licensed, and had been in use by me since 2/2007What options do I have? I cannot retrieve the old install of 7.0 and cannot find those disks anywhere.Hoipe I didn’t just learn acostly lesson! Thanks.

JP

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jpacker
Jul 23, 2007
Had a HD crash. After new drive inserted, set about reinstalling software including Photoshop CS2. Because this was an upgrade version from 7.0, needs old disk to reinstall the upgrade version and I cannot find it! Customer service says there is nothing I can do. This CS2 was purchased, licensed, and had been in use by me since 2/2007. What options do I have? I cannot retrieve the old install of 7.0 and cannot find those disks anywhere. Hope I didn’t just learn a costly lesson! Thanks.

JP
P
Phosphor
Jul 23, 2007
Contact Adobe Customer Support. There is a link on practically every page of the forums and Adobe’s site.

They will help you get your registered version reinstalled and reactivated with a minimum of fuss.
J
jpacker
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks for your prompt response but they could or would not help me. They said without the old disk, there was nothing they could / would do. Needless to say, without another way to do this, I am basically left with no way to install CS2 despite having purchased and licensed it in February. The 7.0 was purchased years ago and I don’t have any receipt and they say it is not listed under my name (my InDesign is!)
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 23, 2007
Get back onto Cust Services. You’ll likely get a different person. If they can’t help you, insist on a supervisor/line manager.

They took your money in February and registered the upgrade. There is no way a responsible company would treat its customers like this.

FWIW I think I’m right in saying the CS2 upgade just needs to have a PS7 disk inserted briefly during the installation process. Do you know anyone who will lend you one briefly?

Best of luck with it.

Chris.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 23, 2007
Or you can enter your serial number for version 7, which Adobe customer service can get for you, if you registered. It may even be available online.
J
JC Dill
Jul 23, 2007
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:56:45 -0700, wrote:

Had a HD crash. After new drive inserted, set about reinstalling Photoshop CS2. Because this was and upgrade from 7.0, need old disk to install the upgrade version and I cannot find it! Customer service says there is nothing I can do. This CS2 was purchased, licensed, and had been in use by me since 2/2007What options do I have? I cannot retrieve the old install of 7.0 and cannot find those disks anywhere.Hoipe I didn’t just learn acostly lesson! Thanks.

If the other suggestions up-thread don’t help, try:

1) Join your local freecycle list and post a "WANTED" request for Photoshop 7. Around here you would be flooded with offers to help.

2) Look for a copy of Photoshop 7 on eBay or Craigslist – it will cost you ~$30-$50 – e.g.:

<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/378004772.html>

< http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-Photoshop-7-0_W0QQitemZ25014515503 9>

jc
CH
clifford_hager
Jul 23, 2007
You need to ask for an "Unlock Code".

I recently had the same problem. I upgraded quite some time ago and have been using the software regularly. My hard drive crashed, I called Adobe, told them the problem and the rep gave me an "Unlock Code". You right click on a secret part of the startup screen (on the leaf I believe) and a screen appears that allows you to enter a code that the rep gives you.

You have to do it while he’s (she’s) on line as the code is based on your serial number and something variable. If you have to reinstall again later, you’ll need a new code.

Most of all, be very nice and polite to the rep, act dissapointed that you were too dumb to save your old disk (that’s what I told them) and when they verify your current registration, they’ll give you the code.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections