JW
Posted By
jim willson
Sep 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I select an area with the lasso tool and try to fill it with the paint bucket, only certain geometries are filled. How do I fill the entire area I selected? I tried using Help but it was waaaay over my head (Ver 6 on Windows). thanks
— jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don McCahill
Sep 4, 2003
Try Edit/Fill.
SM
sam m brown
Sep 4, 2003
or even quicker – alt-delete (fill with forground colour) alt-ctrl (fill with background colour…

be careful with edit/fill-> fill with black – this is uses 100% cyan/100% magenta/100% yellow/100% black.

I used to use this option quite a lot untill one day I did a large area on a print job and got way too much ink at press..
P
Phosphor
Sep 4, 2003
Try alt-del to fill with your foreground color or ctrl-del to fill with your background color.

If you want a preview of what’s going to be filled switch to quickmask by using the buttons under the color samples in the toolbar (or use the shortcut key, Q toggles on and off).

Your problem might be the tolerance settings on the paintbucket tool. If it’s too low you might not fill all the areas you want.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections