DS
Posted By
David_Southwell
Jul 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ihave Photoshop cs2 installed on a desktop. This is quite a piece of kiy and I am planning to change the OS winXP Pro SvcPack 2. I aim to remove win2k from the system and this will mean reinstallation of CS2. Under my license I am entitled to have 2 instances of CS2 installed, one is on another system which is also running on XP2 Pro Svc Pack 2.

What I want to know is will I have validation problems when I try to reinstall and how do I deal with this issue in advance of the chageover.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction

Thanks

David Southwell

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 17, 2007
Just deactivate CS2 before you reformat the HD and instal the new OS.
SD
Steve Dell
Jul 18, 2007
Make sure that you deactivate before you either uninstall it or format your hard drive.

As I recall with CS2, if you begin the uninstall process, it will ask if you want to deactivate. with CS3 there’s no such question when you uninstall.

Steve
wrote in message
Ihave Photoshop cs2 installed on a desktop. This is quite a piece of kiy and I am planning to change the OS winXP Pro SvcPack 2. I aim to remove win2k from the system and this will mean reinstallation of CS2. Under my license I am entitled to have 2 instances of CS2 installed, one is on another system which is also running on XP2 Pro Svc Pack 2.
What I want to know is will I have validation problems when I try to reinstall and how do I deal with this issue in advance of the chageover.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction

Thanks

David Southwell

Thanks
DS
David_Southwell
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks Chris

I preseume it makes nop difference thart I will not be reformating the drive but installing on a new hard drive..I am well out of space – so another 500G is needed <chuckles> that what come from using a canon 5D and shooting raw images plus scanning 5"x4" transparencies!!

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections