GS
Posted By
G Sch
Jul 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There was a "File Browser" section of Preferences in CS1, with an option callen "Allow Background Processing". The CS3 Preferences don’t contain this any more.

What is with this option? Is it hiding somewhere, or has it been totally eliminated?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 16, 2007
The file browser was replaced by Bridge.

You could ask in the Bridge forum

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bba3d54/>
GS
G Sch
Jul 16, 2007
Thank you. However, I was not looking for the file browser function.

The "Allow Background Processing" option in CS1 had a devastating effect on the performance and I wanted to know if this option exists somewhere to devastate CS3’s performance as well. (I am looking for the possible reasons of my CS3’s performance sudden degradation, and I am going through the checklist.)
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 17, 2007
Have you checked the Bridge preferences?
GS
G Sch
Jul 17, 2007
No, I am not using Bridge.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 17, 2007
I don’t have CS1 on this machine, but, since Bridge is radically different from the File Browser, and caches thumbnails in a totally different way, I’m not surprised that the option has gone.

A few people have had problems with slowness in CS3: look around the other threads for some insight.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections