Just got cs3 extended. Can you recommend a good book?

M
Posted By
mrutledge
Jul 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m completely new to photoshop and will be using it in conjunction with doing web development. Can anyone recommend a good book to cover the basics (and maybe beyond)?

Thanks,
Rut

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 12, 2007
Just got cs3 extended. Can you recommend a good book?

War and Peace
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 12, 2007
….in fact – no need to buy it. It’s been serialized here on the Adobe Forums

Don’t get put-off, Rut. Someone will be along shortly with some sensible recommendations I’m sure. 😉
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 12, 2007
If you are completely new to Photoshop, I recommend the Classroom in a Book from Adobe. It covers just about everything in simple step-by-step projects. There should be a CS3 Photoshop version (don’t get mixed up with older versions, or CS3 versions that don’t mention Photoshop … that would cover the entire suite, and PS in less detail).
DH
Dennis_Hallinan
Jul 13, 2007
Buy the printed User Guide from Adobe store. $12 plus S&H.

lynda.com has a CS3 Extended two-disk product for 3D and VIDEO by Chad Perkins excellent and expensive 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections