Closed
"Frederick Shorts" wrote in message
Raymond Owen wrote:
Would anyone be aware of a way of countering Epson’s seemingly
underhanded
way of timing-out their printers?

Mine, being a domestic printer, has had limited use but has suddenly
ceased
operating even though it was operating satisfactorily only a few minutes earlier.

This is nothing new, but in this instance wriggling cables, switch the printer off and on, or even removing and reinstalling the driver
wouldn’t
work . . . kinda like a ‘Logan’s Run’ scenario.

This printer has alway been deceitful . . . I used to go through
countless
cartridges till I decided to give it a ‘dummy’ cartridge-change run. Whenever the ‘ink-sensing’ program showed the cartridge being empty, I completed the ‘changing-cartridge’ program and it regarded the cartridge
to
be full and was happy to continue working.

I soon realised that most times my cartridges were more than half-full
when
I got the first ‘out of ink’ message . . . so much for Epson’s ‘Intelligent-Ink’ sensor . . . just a lot of deceitful propaganda.
We know that now-and-then someone is jailed for embezzlement or some
other
devious crime against the public, other companies or, heaven forbid, the powers-to-be.

So why are these denizens of deceit still allowed to freely rip us off
at
every opportunity.
Those bastards should be the first ones against the wall when the revolution comes!
=)
A few months ago I heard the authorities in Canada were looking into pressing charges, but I haven’t heard anything since. There was also supposed to be some expose’ documentary, again from Canada, about the underhanded corporate tricks in the printer industry. I never saw it but then I seem to miss everything. ~Doc

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections