JP
Posted By
James_Panegasser
Jul 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I close Photoshop 9.01 I get a popup in the system tray coming from a yellow warning triangle saying "adobelm_cleanup.0001 corrupt file File or directory c:\ is corrupt and unreadable. Please run chkdsk" I have scanned the hard drive with CHKDSK, Dell diagnostics, and the Sata Card bios and all come back fine with no warnings. I have tried reinstalling photoshop, resetting PS prefs, and got nothing. Any other ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
grizzlyak
Jul 10, 2007
James,

Delete the file using Windows Explorer, if you can. Photoshop can’t be running. I’m not quite sure what these are, other than perhaps virtual memory or crash protection for changes to a document. I’ve deleted them before in this way with no ill effects. For some reason, PS thinks there is a problem with the file. If you can’t delete it with Windows, then it may be that the file is really corrupted. You’ll have to track down Windows tools to get rid of it. In my experience CHKDSK is useless. Dell diagnostics are better. You might try posting on a Windows forum for the version you have and just ask about fixing/deleting corrupted files.

Good luck.
Griz.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 11, 2007
adobelm_cleanup.0001 is part of the Adobe license management system used in CS2. As I recall, there are two copies of this file created in different locations when you start Photoshop; when you close Photoshop (and other related Adobe products), both should be deleted automatically.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 11, 2007
and if they’re not deleted, as griz says, it’s safe to delete them (after closing ps).
JP
James_Panegasser
Jul 12, 2007
Cannot delete the folder, saying contents are empty. I tried several tools to get rid of the file, no luck. Im resorting to rebuilding the computer
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 12, 2007
Try deleting from the command line with Windows Explorer stopped from the task manager.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 13, 2007
end the adobe license service in task manager then delete.
JP
James_Panegasser
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks for all the replies, I was able to delete the file. I am still getting the "adobelm_cleanup.001 corrupt, file or directory c:\ is corrupt or unreadable" when exiting photoshop
R
rob
Jul 17, 2007
wrote:

Thanks for all the replies, I was able to delete the file. I am still getting the "adobelm_cleanup.001 corrupt, file or directory c:\ is corrupt or unreadable" when exiting photoshop

You may have to run a Root Kit checker through you PC to see that it has not picked up a virus or Trojan. McAfee have a beta one on there site.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections