Posted By
Ian_Edwards
Jul 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

just got the web suite which includes photoshop, to which I am a newbie and hence do not know all the terms yet.

I need to change the colour of an object in a jpeg. I used the dropper to select the colour but can’t seem to find anything akin to the psp colour changer tool. IS there such an option?

thanks

Ian

http://www.edwards-micros.co.uk

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jul 9, 2007
Ian,

There are a number of ways.

1.Select the area with the magic wand and then create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.

2.Image>Adjustments>Change colour

Those are just two ways.

PS I’ve moved your second post to join this topic. Please don’t create multiple topics for one question. Keeping to one topic makes it easier for you (and everyone else) to see what has been suggested to you and has the added advantage of not upsetting the natives.
IE
Ian_Edwards
Jul 9, 2007
Hi Thanks for that.

Actually I didn’t "create two posts" I tried one and then got the message unable to post because I wasn’t logged in. Realised my macromedia user didn’t work so re registered. Re posted but it appears my system posted the original as well.

Sorry for that and thanks for the suggestions.

cheers

Ian

wrote in message
Ian,

There are a number of ways.

1.Select the area with the magic wand and then create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.

2.Image>Adjustments>Change colour

Those are just two ways.

PS I’ve moved your second post to join this topic. Please don’t create multiple topics for one question. Keeping to one topic makes it easier for you (and everyone else) to see what has been suggested to you and has the added advantage of not upsetting the natives.
P
Phosphor
Jul 9, 2007
Ian…

Please disable the Auto-quote feature of your newsreader and only quote selectively if necessary.

Thank you!
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 9, 2007
Ian,

I understand that in the former MM forums it was quite common to use a newsreader but that’s not the case here.

It does nothing here but clog up the screen real estate and rub the natives the wrong way.

While I prefer a newsreader myself, even on a true newsgroup, I try to snip posts to only show the appropriate material.

Thanks,

Bob
IE
Ian_Edwards
Jul 9, 2007
Hi

Sorry about the confusion over forum protocol…

Anyway in a previous post was suggested to use

Image>Adjustments>Change colour

I don’t have that but I do have replace colour is that the same?

thanks

Ian

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 9, 2007
yes, i think that’s what len meant ian. but note that that’s a ‘destructive’ change. i.e. once done, you can’t go back and tweak/change it.

the 1st method he described, make your selection (using magic wand, or the lasso marquee tool or whatever selection tool you’re comfortable with) then creating an adjustment layer (see the help – f1 – for full info – but quickly, look at the layers palette, see the icons at the bottom? one says ‘adjustment layer’ when you hover over it. clicking will give you several choices, choose ‘hue, saturation, lightness’) – ahem! <g> – using the adjustment layer method makes the change ‘non-destructive’. that is, you can go back at a later time and adjust the color, tone, etc. as many times as you like/need.
IE
Ian_Edwards
Jul 9, 2007
Hi

thanks for that, this is yet another learning curve having in the past used MAcromedia products but the purchase of the web suite has sort of forced me to use photoshop.

thanks again

Ian

S
SDA
Jul 10, 2007
Ian:

The web bundle comes with Fireworks and since you are working in jpeg I’d use it over Photoshop for this kind of work. You can adjust colours in Fireworks quite easily.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections