D
Posted By
Desmond
Jul 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help. I cant work this out I have created a coloured square 20 x 20 and am atempting to put a black border around it. I created a lwft side line. I then tried to do the top. NOTHING I can use the pencil tool and draw lines all over the inside of the squuare but not across the top or any other side. I have a history of loads of pencils which I have to keep deleting. Why can I draw randomly in the middle but not down the other 3 sides. HELP

Desmond.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jul 7, 2007
"Desmond" wrote in message
Can anyone help. I cant work this out I have created a coloured square 20 x 20 and am atempting to put a black border around it. I created a lwft side line. I then tried to do the top. NOTHING I can use the pencil tool and draw lines all over the inside of the squuare but not across the top or any other side. I have a history of loads of pencils which I have to keep deleting. Why can I draw randomly in the middle but not down the other 3 sides. HELP
Desmond.
If the square is on its own empty layer, ctrl+click on the layer "eyeball" to load the selection and then Edit>Stroke to put your line around it. You can pick your colour, pixel width and placement from there also.

TWK
D
Desmond
Jul 7, 2007
On 7 Jul, 16:14, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:

news:> Can anyone help. I cant work this out I have created a coloured square
20 x 20 and am atempting to put a black border around it. I created a lwft side line. I then tried to do the top. NOTHING I can use the pencil tool and draw lines all over the inside of the squuare but not across the top or any other side. I have a history of loads of pencils which I have to keep deleting. Why can I draw randomly in the middle but not down the other 3 sides. HELP

Desmond.
If the square is on its own empty layer, ctrl+click on the layer "eyeball" to load the selection and then Edit>Stroke to put your line around it. You can pick your colour, pixel width and placement from there also.
TWK

Control+ click on the eyeball is not doing anything There is only one Layer Background and a padlock on it. But I can still draw squigle lines all over the square just not down the side.
D
Desmond
Jul 7, 2007
On 7 Jul, 16:21, Desmond wrote:

news:> Can anyone help. I cant work this out I have created a coloured square
20 x 20 and am atempting to put a black border around it. I created a lwft side line. I then tried to do the top. NOTHING I can use the pencil tool and draw lines all over the inside of the squuare but not across the top or any other side. I have a history of loads of pencils which I have to keep deleting. Why can I draw randomly in the middle but not down the other 3 sides. HELP

Desmond.

TWK

Control+ click on the eyeball is not doing anything There is only one Layer Background and a padlock on it. But I can still draw squigle lines all over the square just not down the side.

I have had to resort to the following.
1. New Layer
2. Draw a vertical line down the center
3. Move line to the left
4. Merge visible.

I could be fooled into thinking there was a bug in the software. Why can I draw a vertical line down the center but not down the side.

???

Desmond
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jul 7, 2007
On 7 Jul, 16:21, Desmond wrote:

news:> Can anyone
help. I cant work this out I have created a coloured square
20 x 20 and am atempting to put a black border around it. I created a lwft side line. I then tried to do the top. NOTHING I can use the pencil tool and draw lines all over the inside of the squuare but not across the top or any other side. I have a history of loads of pencils
which I have to keep deleting. Why can I draw randomly in the middle but not down the other 3 sides. HELP

Desmond.
If the square is on its own empty layer, ctrl+click on the layer "eyeball"
to load the selection and then Edit>Stroke to put your line around it. You can pick your colour, pixel width and placement from there also.

TWK

I have had to resort to the following.
1. New Layer
2. Draw a vertical line down the center
3. Move line to the left
4. Merge visible.

I could be fooled into thinking there was a bug in the software. Why can I draw a vertical line down the center but not down the side.
???
Desmond

If you draw your square on its own layer then control + click on the layer icon you will be able to add a stroke to the selection.
There are many ways to do what you want, one would be to use the rectangular marquee tool with a style of "Fixed size" (on the options bar, enter dimensions to suite, don’t forget the units, px, cms, ins.) and with the selection active (marching ants) edit>stroke it.It can be filed with any colour/pattern you like.

TWK
T
Talker
Jul 8, 2007
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:02:08 -0700, Desmond wrote:

Desmond.

You could just resize the canvas, making sure that you have black selected as the background color.

Talker

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections