Web Photo Gallery: Can’t create and upload more than one?

MW
Posted By
Metal_World
Jul 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS2’s Web Photo Gallery feature from Bridge. There’s just one problem: If I want to make two different galleries, and upload both to my web site, it won’t work. There are several files that both galleries have in common that share the same name. I’ll either have to overwrite the second set of flashobject.JScript Script, gallery.swf, and photos.xml doc files to the web site, or click "no to all" and they won’t be copied to where they’re supposed to be. Either way, I can’t have two photo galleries on the same site without changing file names. Is it possible to change common file names of the second gallery so that they can be recognized and utilized BY the second gallery, and get two or more galleries to work right? If that’s so, I wouldn’t know where to being on how to change the names and get the rest of the files to recognize them.

Thanks,

Metal World

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 6, 2007
If the galleries are uploaded in separate, differently named folders, it doesn’t matter if names within the folders are the same.
MW
Metal_World
Jul 7, 2007
Thanks John, that’s what I did. I just never made photo galleries in Photoshop before and never figured out exactly how it could be done. All I did was what you said, leave everything that Photoshop generates, into a uniquely named folder, copy and paste that folder in my web building program with the rest of the files and folders, then I linked the web page’s photo gallery icon into the folder, then linked to the actual HTML file that Photoshop Web Photo Gallery generates like I normally would. It worked perfectly.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 7, 2007
🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections