B
Posted By
BobChapman
Jul 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I repeatedly get an error message in CS2 when I am trying to load a picture into CS2, as follows: "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)". Can’t find anything by searching the Forums. This seems to happen more reliably when loading a .tif at 10MB, rather than a .jpg at say 2 MB. Hard to imagine why this should make a difference on a PC with 1.5 GB RAM!

It doesn’t happen all the time, but plenty of time enough to be a real irritant. Sometimes I re-boot and it goes away. Othertimes, like today, I can’t seem to make it go away.

I’m running CS2, Windows XP with all the latest upgrades/patches/etc., Dell 2.53 MHz desktop computer, 1.5 GB RAM. Commit charge is about 0.5 GB, so there should be 1 GB available for use.

Any ideas as to either what’s wrong or what I can do to get going again?

Thanks for any help
Bob Chapman

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 5, 2007
Make sure you’ve plenty of free space for your scratch disk, and keep Photoshop’s allocation down at (or below 55%
R
rob
Jul 9, 2007
wrote:
I repeatedly get an error message in CS2 when I am trying to load a picture into CS2, as follows: "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)". Can’t find anything by searching the Forums. This seems to happen more reliably when loading a .tif at 10MB, rather than a .jpg at say 2 MB. Hard to imagine why this should make a difference on a PC with 1.5 GB RAM!

It doesn’t happen all the time, but plenty of time enough to be a real irritant. Sometimes I re-boot and it goes away. Othertimes, like today, I can’t seem to make it go away.

I’m running CS2, Windows XP with all the latest upgrades/patches/etc., Dell 2.53 MHz desktop computer, 1.5 GB RAM. Commit charge is about 0.5 GB, so there should be 1 GB available for use.

Any ideas as to either what’s wrong or what I can do to get going again?
Thanks for any help
Bob Chapman

What percentage RAM have you allocated in CS2 preferences?

I have 90% and have always used that in CS2 and CS3.

Its not the ram still available but whats allocated for use in PS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections