CK
Posted By
charlotte_kosa
Jul 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to insert an animated gif in between two sets of text. I don’t want the text to be animated..how do I do this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 4, 2007
Make three images, one for each element. Or better, use HTML code for the text blocks, and only use the image. You can do this in any HTML editor (IR is not an HTML editor).
CK
charlotte_kosa
Jul 4, 2007
Sorry for seemeing stupid but I no longer have the book for for imageready nd this is all greek to me. What do you mean by making three images? I have the image of the text I want to use and the seperate GIF.

thanks
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 4, 2007
I would not make the text in ImageReady at all, Only the animated GIF. Use your HTML editor to create the text on either side.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 5, 2007
Charlotte,

DOn’s suggestion is the best, but if you want to do it all in IR, then open the gif. Expand the canvas size to be large enough to take the text as well.

Open the text image.

Drag the text layer to the GIF window.

In the GIF layers palette make sure the new text layer is on top of the stack and then set that layer to be visible in every frame of the GIF

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections