Help me make a Christmas gift work (I can’t think of a better title)

R
Posted By
rayadler
Jul 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I spent $300 on photoshop for a friend this past christmas. It was an ebay auction and part of it was that the guy was selling the latest update and including an older cheaper version of photoshop that would be installed and then updated.
However, the guy didn’t include the older version in the box. Being an idiot I just saw the wrapped box and assumed it was all there and gave it to my friend, my friend also being an idiot waited 5 months to install it. Way to late to do anything about the auction or even get a response from the seller.
What I’m asking for here is if anyone knows where I can get an older cheaper version (with the valid registry) to basically make the christmas gift useable.
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
There is a lesson or two to be learned here.

I assume the upgrade was CS2 (the current version last Christmas) which was available from Adobe at $149. And I assume you are certain it is a legitimate copy.

If you were able to get hold of an unregistered copy of PS6 or PS7 you’d be able to install the upgrade. However, it would have to be a legal version. There are some legit (German I think) OEM versions flying around, which I know some people have managed to register, but be aware there are some dodgy sellers out there too.

Yer pays yer money and takes yer chance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections