JB
Posted By
James_Briggs
Jun 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2 on windows XP with 512 ram. I keep losing the ability to use my Wacom mouse and regular mouse to paint or erase. The Wacom lost the ability to do it 2 weeks ago but the other mouse worked. Today it started working for a few minutes but stopped erasing or painting.

I tried a fix from Wacom and I got things working again for a few minutes. I reinstalled Wacom drivers and again it worked a few minutes and stopped workign. Now neither my regular mouse nor my Wacom can erase or paint. Everything else works. I checked deselect and am on the right layer. I tried both in Illustrator and they both can paint with out any problem. I only have the problem in Photoshop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 30, 2007
Is the stylus on or near the tablet?
JB
James_Briggs
Jul 1, 2007
The stylus is usually anout 4 inches away. As of now its about 6 inches away.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 1, 2007
Put it in a drawer, or on the other side of the desk. If the tablet senses the pen, the mouse can’t be used for brush tools.
JB
James_Briggs
Jul 1, 2007
I tried that but it didn’t help. I checked the devise manager and I got this message.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What should I do?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 1, 2007
I take it the device giving you this message was the tablet? If so, uninstall it, unplug it, install the driver, plug it back in. Run the configuration software.
JB
James_Briggs
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks I already uninstaed it and will reinstalled it later. I am using mouse rather then the tablet and there’s no problem. Thank you again.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections