F
Posted By
flopadop
Jun 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP, had no problems since started using in November 06, now when I open Photoshop it freezes have to control alt delete to get out. Desperate for help…….

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 30, 2007
What is on the splash screen when it freezes?
F
flopadop
Jun 30, 2007
The screen is grey, the work space starts to come up and then stops, it can sit for hours and still does not come up. I uninstalled and reinstalled last night, still the same.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 30, 2007
The first thing to try, better before an uninstall/re-install, is to reset the Photoshop preferences.

To reset the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. Then, click ‘Yes’ to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" (If the message doesn’t appear, try again until it does.)
F
flopadop
Jun 30, 2007
I keep getting cs2 properties, i’ll keep trying…
K
km
Jul 1, 2007
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:10:47 -0700, wrote:

I’m using Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP, had no problems since started using in November 06, now when I open Photoshop it freezes have to control alt delete to get out. Desperate for help…….

From past experience this may relate to a recent installation of other software eg virus checker or the likes of Zone Alarm. Have you made changes which fit in with the time that freezing began?

km
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
Check the FAQs for information on how to delete the Prefs file manually.
F
flopadop
Jul 2, 2007
I am at a loss…. I have tried the previous suggestions, I have no idea how to delete the preferences file and control alt shift brings up properties…is there anyone out there with any more ideas…I really appreciate any help you can give me….
JW
John_Waller
Jul 2, 2007
I have no idea how to delete the preferences file

There’s plenty of info on the web via Google

e.g.
http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/17478.html

Regards

John Waller

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections