PT
Posted By
Pam_Turk
Jun 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Could someone please help or lead me in the right direction.

I have quite a few pictures of artwork that I need to submit to a gallery via a CD or DVD. I want to have some type of menu when the CD or DVD is put into the computer, and then have links to see the artwork, word files(resume etc)

I have no clue how to get started. I am using photoshop and all adobe products.

Any ideas?

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

QP
Q_Photo
Jun 30, 2007
Pam,

Sorry, I do not have the answer that you are looking for. I have no idea how to make such a menu. However, assuming that your photo files are jpegs, it should be easy for people to preview them as they would have previews in Windows Explorer. I’m assuming Macs would also.

As for a text document, you could copy the text and place it into a photo file using Photoshop. Save it as a jpg. It would easily be viewed by anyone.

Q
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 30, 2007
I use previews in Windows Explorer too.

If you google "slide show software" you’ll get about 56,900,000 hits. Top of the list is Picasa which I recommend to all my friends who don’t have graphics software.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 30, 2007
Investigate "Pictures to Exe" from <http://www.wnsoft.com/>

Very adaptable, allowing the addition of links etc., and you can set it to autorun when the CD is placed in the computer.

A bonus is that the whole thing is wrapped up in an exe file so there are no Jpeg files for people to copy.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jul 1, 2007
Adobe Acrobat can do 99% of what you want. it can link to other PDF’s and points within the same document. you can force it to be full screen and embed you pics with varying quality. It also allows some access control to prevent printing or copying (although it can be bypassed).

As far as Resume’s go I’ve found PDF to be one of the best formats as you have less compatability problems than word and no issues with formatting getting broken or "history" info let in the file accessable.

It’s also very easy to learn and cross platform.

BRETT
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 2, 2007
Although PDF is becoming widely used, one has to assume for a submission like this that the person viewing has no specific software like Adobe reader.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 2, 2007
Pix to Exe creates a stand-alone exe file which runs without the user needing any special software.

Another way would be to Do the whole thing in HTML and use one of the Photoshop Web Galleries. Virtually everyone has a browser installed on their computer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections