K
Posted By
Kugar13
Jun 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a few pics shot indoor and outdoor that are a bit dark, especially on skin tones that are tan/dark. Is there a way to brighten the pics a bit?

If not directly to the pic, is there any tricks? Like put a white background under the pic and change the opacity?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jun 29, 2007
Siiiiiggggghhh…

Which is it?

Footage (by which I can only assume you mean video) or single images?

Please attempt to be as clear as possible when asking for help. We can’t read minds or flip a coin over which of two possible meanings you might intend.

Thank you.
K
Kugar13
Jun 29, 2007
LOL! I gotcha. In a sense I wasn’t deceptive…. it pics (shill shots) from footage. No motion though, just clips from footage. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I was hoping the description in the post would be suffice.

Thank you for being as kind and polite as possible in regard to a situation I assume you would find irritating. It is delightful to run across others who are considerate enough to help others and be patient with with us when we are ignorant…

Thank you!
PF
Peter_Figen
Jun 29, 2007
With the file open in Ps, go the Image>Adjust>Levels or Curves menu, and you’ll be able to change the tonality and color of the image in many different ways.
K
Kugar13
Jun 29, 2007
Thank you Peter! Your assistance is much appreciated!!!
P
Phosphor
Jun 29, 2007
For a quick fix that might work for you try this:

Copy the image into another Layer (you can do this by simply holding the CTRL key and tapping the "J" key on your keyboard), and set the Blending mode of the copied layer to "Screen." That will lighten things up. If you want to go even lighter, just copy the layer copy again, using the same method.
K
Kugar13
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the additional idea Phos.
I’ll play around and see which yields the best results for the stills I am using.

Thx guys!
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 3, 2007
I use Phos’s trick all the time. If you want 1.5 of the screen, just take the top screen layer and set the opacity to 50 %.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections