angel_neal
Jun 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys,

I am using Photoshop V

I am creating a catalogue of my jewellery designs, made up of multiple images taken at multiples settings with multiple cameras. (Tail between my legs, I have used no colour profile, or management, other than guaging with my eye, each image for general consistency.)

My problem is that when I look at the pages of the catalogue in Photoshop the colour looks great. When I look at it in any other image software, or as thumbnails in the documents folder, the images are washed with blue. Pinks look violet etc. Also, when I print, the page are coming out with the bluish tinge.

Any ideas before I send to printer?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PF
Peter_Figen
Jun 29, 2007
Angel,

What most people would do is use a calibrated monitor and the correct profile for your printer if that’s available. Unfortunately, you’ve made your job that much more difficult by not doing that and using Ps 5, which was the most convoluted version, colorwise, that Adobe ever released.

The subject of preparing files for print is huge and entire books are written about that. Are you file now RGB or have they been converted to CMYK? If they are CMYK, what "flavor" of CMYK are they? Are the ink limits in the file compatible with the type of printing and paper? What advice has your printer given you?

Right now, you have no real way of knowing if what you see on your screen is correct other than to run a test proof with your printer to see what it looks like on their proofing system. Not the most efficient way to operate, but aside from upgrading to a more modern version of Ps and learning how to use the tools that are available in those versions, it may be the best way to proceed.

I could recommend a book like Real World Photoshop, but it might be overwhelming at this point. It depends on how much time you have before going to press. You’ve definitely started off on the wrong foot and can either start over or try and muddle through with the help of your pirnter.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections