AA
Posted By
Alessandro_Amadori
Jun 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running WIn XP Sp2 ITA all updates on, I thought Windowblinds or Object dock could be the issues. Not like that.

The problem I witnessed is like PS CS3 works pretty fine, but if I drag an image into it to open it, PS will crash. From that moment on, everytime I will open more than 1 image in it at the same time (draggin or going file>open) will cause ps to crash.

I have deleted the photoshop folder in app data, still it will crash after it restored it.

Using it from another user fixes the problem, even today I deleted my current user and recreated it, ps worked fine, tried to drag an image, crashed, and now the problem is back there.

Is it a known issue? I really can’t figure out a way to fix that, I have looked all over google for a solution, can’t seem to be able to input the correct keywords to even get close to a solution.

If it can help in any way, I am running on a Centrino Core 2 Duo 1.66Ghz, 2gb of DDR 667. I think I have enough working power to keep it running, CS2 never had any issues, but I cannot get CS3 to run properly.

It’s seriously a pain, I am not going to restore my user data again, I’d rather move back to CS2, also cause I haven’t yet found any major improvements between the two, and the magic wand seems to have been made more wild than it was and I find it annoying.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WS
Will_Stoneham
Jun 28, 2007
I had the same issue and am waiting for Adobe to fix the problem, but right now the work around is to set your Windows default printer to "Adobe PDF". This is more annoying than I can stand, but it fixes the bug you describe.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections