RM
Posted By
Ryan Mahn
Sep 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work at a print shop and I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of screening a picture? It is were you lay dots over the screen and I understand you would have to make another layer over the picture but then I need dots to be layed over the picture and I just can’t figure out how to do this. I have tried the pixelate command and I am not getting the results I want. Can anybody help??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BLUDVLZ
Sep 2, 2003
Ryan,

Can you post an example of the effect you’re going for? It’s a little difficult to understand what you’re after based upon your description … a picture is worth a thousand words …
CC
Cecil Copeland
Sep 2, 2003
The only thing I can think of right off hand is Filter>Pixelate>Color Halftone …

Is that what you’re speaking of??
B
BLUDVLZ
Sep 2, 2003
My initial thought too… the color halftone, that is. Just not sure enough to stake my name to it. But if we both had the same idea, maybe that’s it after all.
J
JasonSmith
Sep 2, 2003
Well, screening would have to do with the output of the file – you can however emulate halftone screens in photoshop.
DM
Don McCahill
Sep 3, 2003
You can also get halftone screens when you convert from greyscale to black and white mode. This is assuming you are not looking for color halftone screens.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 3, 2003
Ryan,

Screening is normally done when printing the file (as separations) to a PostScript device where you can state dot shape, linescreen frequency and screen angle. This is all available from the Print Menu.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections