LP
Posted By
Lewis_Price
Jun 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Two months ago I went to print a picture and the colors were incorrect. As an example in a picture of a model on the beach, the light brown sand was a muddy dark brown, the blue sky was a purplish blue, the tanned model was reddish, and the overall picture was darker and flat. I have been utilizing Photoshop since PS5 and have printed thousands of pictures with no problem. I have since changed my monitor from a ViewSonic A90 to a ViewSonic VA1930wm, my PhotoShop from PS7 to CS3 and my printer from a Epson Photo Stylus R300 to a Canon Pixma iP4300. I have had assistance from the PhotoShop help desk, Epson, Canon and some forums. These were all to no avail as each change resulted in the same exact print. Another example is the samples folder shipping with PS has a “Yellow Rubber Ducky Picture” which has printed Orange in every test. I have tried letting PS manage colors and the opposite, the printer doing it. Nothing changes. As you can ascertain I am frustrated and am looking for assistance. I operate a Sony Vaio PCV-RS 420 computer and can’t really afford to replace it as it has all that I need and more and has been reliable these past years. Is there something in the computer that has changed or unchecked to cause this as I have changed everything else? I have also tried printing from MS Word and ACDsee as examples ands the same problem occurs so I can assume the problem is not in PS! I am looking for your expertise or the direction that can assist me.

Lewis Price

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TC
thomas.c.monego
Jun 19, 2007
On Jun 18, 5:55 pm, wrote:
Two months ago I went to print a picture and the colors were incorrect. As an example in a picture of a model on the beach, the light brown sand was a muddy dark brown, the blue sky was a purplish blue, the tanned model was reddish, and the overall picture was darker and flat. I have been utilizing Photoshop since PS5 and have printed thousands of pictures with no problem. I have since changed my monitor from a ViewSonic A90 to a ViewSonic VA1930wm, my PhotoShop from PS7 to CS3 and my printer from a Epson Photo Stylus R300 to a Canon Pixma iP4300. I have had assistance from the PhotoShop help desk, Epson, Canon and some forums. These were all to no avail as each change resulted in the same exact print. Another example is the samples folder shipping with PS has a "Yellow Rubber Ducky Picture" which has printed Orange in every test. I have tried letting PS manage colors and the opposite, the printer doing it. Nothing changes. As you can ascertain I am frustrated and am looking for assistance. I operate a Sony Vaio PCV-RS 420 computer and can’t really afford to replace it as it has all that I need and more and has been reliable these past years. Is there something in the computer that has changed or unchecked to cause this as I have changed everything else? I have also tried printing from MS Word and ACDsee as examples ands the same problem occurs so I can assume the problem is not in PS! I am looking for your expertise or the direction that can assist me.

Lewis Price

New monitor, is it calibrated, LCDs are very bright out of the box. Use a Colorvision or X-Rite monitor calibration device.
Are you printing from Photoshop -file -print wth preview, letting Photoshop handle colors, using the appropriate profile, then with the printer dialog box turning off color management for the printer. See if these work.

Tom
P
pshaw
Jun 20, 2007
excellent tutorials …thanks …

steve

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:35:21 -0700, wrote:

Lewis,

Spend 15 or so minutes over at:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps10_colour/ps10_1.htm

and

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps10_print/ps10_print_1.htm

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections