Posted By
gher
Apr 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

Every time I use the brush tool in Photoshop CS4, the feather effect on the brush produces this horrible banding instead of a smooth feathering effect. Also when I click once with the brush tool and then shift click on another spot to create a straight line between the two points, the line produced is kind of bumpy – not the straight line CS3 used to produced.

I have no idea why this is happening and wondered if someone else has experience this and has a solution?

I’m using Mac OS 10.5.5.

Really appreciate any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Apr 3, 2009
To fix the bumpiness, open the Brushes palette, and click on Brush Tip Shape. Lower the spacing to a smaller percentage.
As for the banding, it could be a monitor calibration issue, or possibly a corrupt preferences file. If you click on the Brush graphic in the options bar, click on the small triangle to bring down the drop-down menu, you can find a "reset tool" option that may help. Failing that, try resetting all photoshop preferences (instructions in link below)

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057d1b>

If you still have problems after that, then it’s likely a monitor problem. Perhaps you could take a screenshot and upload it to pixentral.com, copy the "html" portion and paste it into a message here.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections