JP
Posted By
john_prebis
Apr 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hope I’m at least close to the right forum for this question…

I need a new lcd monitor (now have a LaCie electron 22blue crt and Spyder2pro) for my Mac G5 OSX 10.5 setup with PS CS4. For semi-serious, but non-commercial, PS work. Looking at 1) LaCie 526 with A-TW and AS-IPS panel, 2) NEC 2690WUXI with A-TW and 3) the newer NEC 2690 WUXI2 without A-TW. The LaCie and NEC use the same panel.
Apparently, blacks are not so hot without the A-TW polarizer, especially if the screen is viewed at an angle (per some You Tube examples).
Question #1: Does this matter if one always views the screen head-on? NEC’s faq website implies that the lack of A-TW on the WUXI2 doesn’t really reduce overall color quality.
Question #2: LaCie offers the Blue Eye Pro system with its product. NEC’s package is Spectraview software and x-rite eye one display v2. Is either one of these color management systems appreciably better than the other–or easier to master?
Thank you for any suggestions! Jack

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
Lundberg02
Apr 2, 2009
Get the wide gamut

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections