DD
Posted By
Dominic_De_Lello
Apr 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I feel like there are a lot of annoying bugs in CS4. The latest and greatest bug is with the Rectangle Marquee Tool (Selection Tool). When the tool is selected from the tool bar I get the cross-hairs/bar cursor icon, which is totally fine… instead of drawing the axis point from the very center of the cursor, it’s off-set to the bottom of the cursor icon. In other words, It will always be 10-20 px off from where I actually want to make my selection…

May not be a big deal to most people, but when you’re trying to select small pieces and move them, this should be accurate.

I dump my preference files, toggle workspaces. It’s a temporary fix, is anyone else noticing this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 1, 2009
Hit the F key to change Screen mode (and then return to the mode you want to use): that usually fixes the problem.
P
PShock
Apr 1, 2009
Yep, Ann has the band-aid solution. Unfortunately, it won’t cure the disease but it does work to quickly get rid of the symptom.

You might also see this annoying behavior with other tools like offset brush cursors and the path tool. Same (temporary) fix – hit F a couple of times.

-phil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections