JS
Posted By
Jody_Shassol
Apr 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am placing white letters from an illustrator file onto a black bag which is on a photoshop file. I then transform the letters so they look like the letters are printed on the bag. With this objective, I need to make it look like the letters form to the bag’s shape. In order to tranform using the warp technique, I rasterize the letters. The bag has folds in it so I need to make folds in the letters. I tried selecting the letters after these steps to move part of the letters, but it leaves a halo of part of the letters.
How can I avoid this and is there a better way to achieve what I am looking to get?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
OldBob
Apr 1, 2009
Check out the displace filter. Here is a good tutorial:

<http://www.gurusnetwork.com/tutorial/displace/>
PT
Phil_Taz
Apr 1, 2009
Displace is good, but hard to get precise alignment… if so, how about trying Liquify?
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
thanks for all your help.
I’ll try to follow this tutoral and let you know how it worked!
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
I’m trying to do what the directions tell me to do.
I am unable to blur the image, it does not give me the ability to click that. I am using photoshop CS3.
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
Because the object is black which the image is being distorted onto, I am having some problems.

Because I didn’t change the levels, I was not able to select blur. Now that I did that, I am able to select it.

New problem, because I am in CS3, I don’t have the same options in liquify.

It’s not showing the frozen areas, but I have a freeze mask tool on the left. It only gives you a solid orange that I need to paint where I want it to freeze. not gradations of orange.

Is there a way to do what you are doing in CS3?
thanks,
B
Bernie
Apr 2, 2009
I am not an expert with liquify but was able to follow this tutorial using the Mask Options on the right. (CS3)
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
I’m not sure which mask option to use.
I tried replace selection
and to invert it I used invert all.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections