Ps CS4 Extended trial almost over… EVEN I have FULL license of Adobe Design Premium CS4

BB
Posted By
Brian_B.
Mar 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Photoshop friends,

I don’t know if that is just me… or not…

I am not sure what the heck going on. I received an email from Adobe in Google Mail today said my Photoshop CS4 Extended trial is almost over.

There must be some mistake in that situation, because I have a full license of Adobe Design Premium CS4 on my Mac platforms, including MBP 17" and Mac Pro operating with latest Mac system architecture (version 10.5.6).

What is going on? What do you suggest? Should I ignore that email in error, or should I contact Adobe customer service regarding email in error and in question.

Thanks in advance, Brian

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Mar 29, 2009
Should I ignore that email

Yes.
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 29, 2009
Hi Ramon,

Thanks. I am not quite sure why I am getting that email, though. Do you happen to have any idea, no?

Thanks again for all you do.

Cheers, Brian
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
That’s what the marketing people get paid to do, Brian. 😉

You would never be contacted by email when there’s a problem with your account or with product activation. Never.

You’d just get error messages when trying to run the software.

Adobe’s not looking so closely at you that they’d bother emailing you on an individual basis. The email you got was most likely programmed to be sent out 30, days after you first ran the trial software.

Now, if you neglected to register and activate your software, then you are in fact running it in trial mode, valid for 30 days only.

Make sure it’s activated.
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Ramon,

Well, actually, I just want to clarify one particular thing. I *NEVER* install or ran Photoshop CS4 Extended Trail for 30 days. I upgraded and bought a full license version of Adobe Design Premium CS4 from Design Premium CS3 few months ago.

You see, I am rather perplexed as to why Adobe is sending me one. I am not even sure about why. This totally go beyond me totally. I am not sure still.

As for marketing team at *any* company, marketing people have this reputation for pathological lairs.

Anyway, thanks again for you all you do, though.
Brian
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Ramon,

I am curious… does Plug-in Suite 4.5 or recently updated version of Ps CS4 having to do with small hiccup problem with that email I received today, no?

Thanks and cheers, Brian
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
Buying a license is not enough, Brian.

Until you register and activate the software (after installing it) you are indeed running in trial mode, which WILL expire in 30 days.

You mention buying a license, but you have nhot confirmed that you regitered it AND activated it after installing it.
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
does Plug-in Suite 4.5 or recently updated version of Ps CS4 having to do with small hiccup problem with that email I received today, no?

NO.

Only the registration an activation issue will.
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
Go to the Help menu to register and activate your software.
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
if already activated, just ignore the email.
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Ramon,

Yes, I have registered. Sorry I overlook that one, but yes, I did. Perhaps that email could be malicious one. And yes, I have activated it, both on MacPro and MacBook Pro.

Thanks. Brian
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Ramon,

I took a look in Entourage email, does this email addy from Adobe email as "adobe at adobeinfo dot com".

Is it really a valid email or not?

I will be sure not to respond to that darn email, and perhaps refer it to Adobe feedback or other appropriate contact info to trace that inappropriate email. That email addy seems to be fake one, isn’t it?

Thanks.
Brian
R
Ram
Mar 30, 2009
"adobe at adobeinfo dot com"

Fake.
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Ramon,

I think you are right.. it is probably a fake email address and a fake web address.

Let me know what you think… then I’ll contact someone at Adobe immediately in the morning. I know at least three or four people at Adobe, but need your opinion whether if that email and web address is a fake one.

Thanks again, Brian
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
does this email addy from Adobe email as "adobe at adobeinfo dot com".

Adobe NEVER uses anything so indirect. Just trash the email. Or forward it with all header information to Adobe.

Neil
BB
Brian_B.
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Neil,

Thanks, I have contacted the contact person at Adobe, but I know that person is not the right person to do this. But this person will get this back to me, so I can send the info (header source) over to someone at Adobe.

Thanks again for all you do in the past and today.

Best, Brian
B
Buko
Mar 30, 2009
I would send it to
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
So would I. Or click on the "Report Piracy" link at the bottom of this page. But include the entire email, not just the head info.

Neil
S
Savageduck
Mar 30, 2009
On 2009-03-30 10:17:54 -0700, said:

So would I. Or click on the "Report Piracy" link at the bottom of this page. But include the entire email, not just the head info.
Neil

I have found all online correspondence with Adobe Customer Support will generate an e-mail reponse from:

There is normally a reference to your case number and an attached PDF with the actual message. Your response is made through Adobe’s Email Support Portal.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

We have updated your case #123456789, please view the attached PDF for case notes or visit our Web Email Support Portal to view your case history or send us information on your ongoing case at
www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.

The Email you receive will include the disclaimer:

Note: This email address cannot receive messages. Please do not reply to this email.
 The attached PDF requires Adobe Reader, which you can download here for  Free: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/
 You may need to adjust your spam filter to accept PDF attachments from @adobe.com.

Regards,
Savageduck
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Mar 30, 2009
Send it to the address that Buko posted it is the only address for this purpose.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
Wade,

Nope. There is a link off the page you see when you click the "Report Piracy" button at the bottom of any page (top right) that takes you here: <http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/antipiracy/reportform.html> — which is useful for certain types of reporting.

Neil
B
Buko
Mar 31, 2009
That form is only for reporting another company or maybe the one you work for.

to report an email you need to use the email addy I provided, which is also on that same page.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 31, 2009
Buko,

Understood, of course. I just don’t want folks to think that is the only way to report as was implied/

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections