Paul_Elson
Mar 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
G5 PPC OS 10.4.11 CS3

I must have keyed something…??

In PS, Safari(even the Add a Topic "Message" box in which I’m now typing), Finder, etc., I have a surrounding bold, dark line. Its shape varies.

In PS, Cmd H does nothing, nor can I get rid of it from the View menu. It sits in various places in an image, sometimes outlining the scroll bar area, sometimes in the middle of an image.

How do I get rid of this?

TIA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Mar 29, 2009
Sounds like you invoked one of the Universal Access settings, possibly "Command + Option + 8".

Go to Apple Menu—>System Preferences—>Universal Access…

Check the "Seeing" tab….and check whether "Zoom" is turned on.

Explore the associated options.
PE
Paul_Elson
Mar 29, 2009
Phos,

Zoom was off; the other options were in the default selections—no change from my initial setup years ago.

I recycled Zoom to on and back to off, and I no longer see the box, now, while I’m typing in "Message". Just checked the image I’m working on in PS—no boxes!!

I’ll let you know if they reappear, but I think you solved the problem, thank you!
P
Phosphor
Mar 29, 2009
Good to know.

And remember, if it continues to be troublesome you can trash the Universal Access preferences and they will return to installation default state.

…/[User_Account_Name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.univer salaccess.plist
PE
Paul_Elson
Mar 29, 2009
And now I’ve stored that extra bit of info… Thanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections