M
Posted By
MacWright
Mar 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve experienced a couple CS4 PS crashes and was not able to force quit or restart PS (error 600).

I started shutting down all of the open applications and when I quit Font Explorer Pro, PS shut down fully. And then I was able to restart PS.

I’m removing the Font Explorer plugin for a while.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Font Explorer Pro 2.0.1 ?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 27, 2009
Mac,

How many fonts do you have activated? How much RAM do you have? Did you check for duplicate or corrupted fonts?

Neil
B
Buko
Mar 27, 2009
Most of us in here are using FontAgent Pro.
M
MacWright
Mar 27, 2009
Hi Neil/Buko

Most of us in here are using FontAgent Pro.

you need to get out more often : )

I’m not in front of that computer at the moment so I don’t know the number of fonts activated. The font collection is always changing. It’s a MacPro 10gb 8core.

I have font doctor and have used FAP in the past, maybe I’ll switch back. The PS documents didn’t contain any fonts, but that doesn’t mean that corruption couldn’t be the culprit. I keep the fonts fairly clean but as I mentioned it’s a fairly active font collection.

The curiosity was that I couldn’t force quit Photoshop without first quiting Font Explorer.

Anyone have Font Explorer and experience a similar situation? I guess time will tell, since I’ve temporarily kicked out the Font Explorer PS plugin.

regards
PC
Paul_Cutler
Mar 28, 2009
I have been waiting to hear reports before I switched to the paid version. The free version works so well. Linotype has been bought by Monotype I believe. Probably in the end enough people didn’t use the "Store" option so they realized they didn’t have an lTunes on their hands – therefore the charge.

Auto-activation in PS has always been flaky – most of the time it doesn’t work and then – boom. Sorry I don’t have a solution for you – I manage fonts the old way in PS and let the plugins do their work in Illy and ID.

I sent an email to them about the Server product and the first answer I got back was about $4000 with a yearly fee. They bundled the Monotype library with the server (I don’t need more fonts, and if I did I wouldn’t buy a library – I prefer to be more selective). Ridiculous. I just got an email that they changed the pricing to $2100 and the library is no longer bundled. Still not interested.

pbc
B
Buko
Mar 28, 2009
FontAgent Pro

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections