KK
Posted By
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My hard drive crashed. It was running PS2 just fine before the crash with leopard 10.5.6, now they (Adobe) says it is not compatible with leopard. I do not want to upgrade. Can I run it with leopard if so how? I got it downloaded but Camera raw will not work. Please help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 24, 2009
Kellie,

We need a bit more information. When you say your hard drive crashed, do you mean fatally, and it had to be replaced? If not, what did you do to get it running again? Did you reformat/run Disk Utility/run Disk Warrior/etc.?

CS2 has to run under Rosetta emulation. It will not run natively under Leopard. Where did you "download" CS2 from? Or do you mean that you reinstalled it? If so, how?

As for Camera Raw, if you just got a new camera, chances are Camera Raw will not work as your camera is undefined by the older software that will run with CS2. However, I believe that you can download the free Adobe DNG and convert your raw files.

So, please get back to us.

Neil
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 25, 2009
My hard drive failed fatally and I had to replace it using disk utility. I started initially with CS and upgraded to CS2 via a download from the internet. I later upgraded to Leopard. CS2 ran fine until the crash. After the crash Adobe sent a cs2 thru email. I downloaded this and at the end the message was that camera raw would not work when I download the Camera Raw plugin it said photoshop did not recognize the file.
My camera is old- Nikon D70.
I am not sure about Rosetta emulsion.
Thank you
Kellie
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
Kellie,

ownloaded this and at the end the message was that camera raw would not work when I download the Camera Raw plugin it said photoshop did not recognize the file.

It sounds like you were trying to open the downloaded file in Photoshop instead of decompressing it and manually installing it in the correct folder, where the older one resides (you have to replace the older one), following the instructions on the download page to the letter.
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
Correct path to the ACR plug-in in CS2:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1dK7dfoOMhw0hbBA8x tKLYiQA3OVi> Click on thumbnail to see the full-size original file, then scroll horizontally, it’s a wide file.
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 25, 2009
There was no older version on my computer. It was a brand new hard drive, I did an install and it was placed on my "Macintosh HD".
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 25, 2009
It is there as well as under Bridge Plug ins. Should it only be in one place and does it need to be "compressed"
?
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
It should be decompressed of course, and you should have only one instance of Camera Raw.plugin.

Trash the one in Bridge, make sure version 3.7 is in the location shown in the screen shot in post #4.

When you install Photoshop, it installs an older, obsolete version automatically in that location. You need to replace that with 3.7.
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 25, 2009
I got rid of the one in Bridge and there was another under Application Support-Adobe-Camera Raw 4. Is this something I need to get rid of? It has a folder titled AMT in it. When I tried to open a .Nef file it said that photoshop did not recognize it. I also went under Photoshop-About Plugins, and selected camera raw and the pop up said Could not support camera raw because there was not enough RAM.
B
Buko
Mar 25, 2009
You can’t use ACR 4 with CS2 you need 3.7
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 26, 2009
I removed ACR 4, and restarted my computer. When opening Bridge the message was: "The Application could not load Adobe Camera Raw. Use the Adobe Bridge Installer to reinstall the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in."
What now?
Thanks for all yoor time and help.
kellie
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 26, 2009
You removed ACR4 — but did you remember to install the ACR 3.7 Plug-in in its place?
R
Ram
Mar 26, 2009
Kellie,

Please post in the appropriate forum. We’ll take it from there.

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
KK
Kellie_Klotz
Mar 26, 2009
My bad I will try there.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections