AP
Posted By
austin_pike
Mar 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went from CS2 to CS4, I don’t know when this changed. Used to be able to click on the bar in the lower left that shows the image size (in MB), and it would give you a preview of the document size on your current page layout. Just noticed today that is gone in CS4. There seems to be a number of options to change the info shown in that bar, but none of them just make it work the way it used to. Am I missing something or is this just gone?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Mar 14, 2009
BTW, it’s called the Status Bar, Austin. Just so you can look it up in the Help files. 🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 14, 2009
I think that Austin is referring to the fact that in earlier versions there used to be a little icon that showed image size in relation to printing-page size that was available from the Status Bar.

The best way to see that in CS4 is to hit Cmd P to see the Print Preview and then Cancel. Doing that is far more useful than the little icon ever was.
AP
austin_pike
Mar 16, 2009
^^^ yes, that. I agree cmd-P is certainly more useful, but it also invokes a dialog box that has to be dismissed. As opposed to a simple pop-up that goes away when you release the mouse button. I found it useful on occasion; I don’t see why Adobe would remove a feature like that for no particular reason (why could it not have remained as an option in the menu Neil posted?)

Thanks for the tip on "Status Bar" Ramon, guess I missed that all these years. Now if I could find out what the little page pop-up is called, maybe I could find others to commiserate with on its passing. Or perhaps I will just have to mourn alone…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections