FJ
Posted By
Francois_Jordaan
Mar 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS3 on Leopard. This should be simple: I want to create thumbnail images of a folder full of PDFs.

I create an action that opens the PDF, opens the first page at a width of 200 pixels, flattens it, Save for Web at 60% quality, and closes without saving.

I simply cannot run this action on a folder of PDFs without it trying to overwrite the same filename each time. ‘Override Action "Save As" Commands’ checkbox makes no difference, nor does choosing a different folder as destination.

What am I doing wrong? I’ve been trying everything, and searching the web, for nearly 2 hours.

francois

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PR
Paul_R
Mar 9, 2009
You could always use my PDF processor to do this..
<http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1882>
FJ
Francois_Jordaan
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried it, but there are two problems:

1) I use the "First page only" setting, but in some of my PDFs, it comes out with a double-page spread consisting of the last page and the first page.

2) File sizes are much too big. If I use Save for Web at 60% quality, the same file comes to 16K, and with this script, 100KB. (This is for web use.)

I doubt that the script could be adapted to fix these problems, so I’m still hoping somebody can advise how to make Photoshop’s Batch function work correctly.

francois
R
Ram
Mar 10, 2009
I’d be using the Image Processor or, even better, Dr. Brown Services, written by the same author, Russell Brown. Oooops, strike that last part. You’re on CS3. :/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections