Posted By
Doric
Jun 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi,

is it possible to edit an *.atn file? I can open it in the windows notepad but after saving it I can`t use it in photoshop anymore, why?. I have to change a lot of pathes in this file cause someone create this file for me on his desktop and so it doesn`t work at my place.

hope you`ve got an idea

thankx

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 16, 2007
You can edit one step at a time directly from the Actions panel using the "Record Again" command. Best way is to insert a "Stop" at the place you wish to edit and run the action on an actual image so that all conditions are correct for that particular action step.
D
Doric
Jun 16, 2007
hi chrisjbirchall,

thank you. but it would be faster to edit all the pathes in an text-editor or something like that. I want to use this action-set on different computers and I don`t want to record the actions (there are hundrets)every time again before I can start. you know what I mean?

another problem is, how can I explain it, my english isn`t very good :-). If I look at the "save"-action I can see the complete path and the file name. At the "export for web"-action I don`t see any path. Is it impossible to save the path and the file name for the export function, or is it only impossible in my old photoshop 6.0?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections