DW
Posted By
Don_Willis
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My elements is old and doesn’t have a version number!
When I click on the "window" menu and then the "show tools" line, I get a very small icon with a picture of an eye, and a blue bar, but nothing else. If I right-click on this, or left click on this, I am asked if I want to contact Adobe on the web. No tools are shown, as formerly was the case. What can I do to get my toolbox icon back? I am using a Dell Inspiron 9600 notebook with 256K Ram.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 26, 2004
Don,

Try hitting the Tab key … or if that doesn’t work delete the preferences.

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy
DW
Don_Willis
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks, Wendy. It worked (the second one).
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 26, 2004
Don,

Whenever Elements does strange things deleting the preferences usually sorts it out 🙂

Wendy
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 27, 2004
I’m guessing you inadvertently double-clicked on the title bar. It’s easy to do this by accident if you are moving it out of the way, for instance. Double-clicking on the title bar (the top bar of the box, not the picture) of the toolbox minimizes it’s size. Double-clicking on it again will bring the tools back.

Patti

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections