SB
Posted By
Sandy_Bachman
Jun 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With CS2 I had the choice of using centralized or distributed cache. It seems there is not a choice with CS3. I prefer using distributed cache and purging it once the files are written to a CD. What would be the choice for me? I am trying to make the choice from Bridge under edit prefrences .

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RK
Ronald Keller
Jun 16, 2007
Hi Sandy,

It’s now called Automatically Export Caches To Folders When Possible

(Select Automatically Export Caches To Folders When Possible to create a cache in the viewed folder if possible. For instance, it’s not possible to place the cache files in the viewed folder if that folder is on a burned CD. In that case, Bridge places the cache files in the centralized folder instead.)

Regards,

Ronald
SB
Sandy_Bachman
Jun 17, 2007
Ronald:

Thank you for your assistance and your reply.

Sandy
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 18, 2007
Make sure you updated to Bridge 2.1 There is also a handy "Compact Cache" button which weeds out any redundant stuff once files have been deleted from your system.
SB
Sandy_Bachman
Jun 18, 2007
Thank you for the information I installed the updates and have the handy "Compact Cache" choice now!

Sandy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections