TB
Posted By
Toe_B
Jun 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have paintshop cs3 it’s all new to me but am having fun with it. One simple thing I can’t sort is a box frame! When I use the marquee tool and open a box I then add stroke of colour at 7 pixels. This is fine and is sharp. But when I do the same with radial corners (set feather to 8 pixels) the end box is faded inside and outside the marquee line! I have tryed lots of settings but can’t get a sharp line. So I assume easy if you know how lol. Can any one help?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 15, 2007
The feathering that makes the rounded corners is also what makes the stroke fuzzy. Don’t use the Marquee for this.

Try using the Rounded Rectangle tool with a Layer Style Stroke and Fill Opacity set to zero. It’s on the right side of the Tools with the Shapes tools.

You could also use the Rounded Rectangle in Path mode and stroke that or in Pixel mode with a Layer Style Stroke and Fill Opacity set to zero.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 15, 2007
I have paintshop cs3

🙁
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jun 15, 2007
Try using the Shape tool.

In the option Bar for the tool, you’ll see three icons near the left side; make sure the one in the middle, "Paths", is selected.

One of the options is a Rounded Rectangle, and you can set the radius of the corners directly. Drag out a rectangle to the desired size.

Now, select the Brush tool, with the size and color you want your stroke to be, and press Enter. This will stroke the path with the brush. It might look a little funky, but you’re still seeing the path; click off of it in the Paths Palette to hide it.

By using different brushes, and adjusting the Dynamics in the Brush Palette, you can get get all sorts of variations, from the sharp line you ask for to dotted lines, scattered brush lines, and so forth.

You can also stroke the path with any painting tool, not just the Brush, such as the Eraser, Clone Stamp and Pattern Stamp, Blur, Sharpen, and Desaturate, Dodge and Burn, etc.

You can also do this via the fly-out menu in the Paths palette, except that you select the desired tool through a drop-down list.

You can use any of the the other Shape options, of course, like the Polygon or Custom Shapes, as well as the Pen tool, and stoke the Paths the same way.
TB
Toe_B
Jun 15, 2007
One nil to J Joslin! lol. I’m so new to it I don’t know what it’s called 🙂 Thanks to those who replyed and knew what I meant, I’ll try them out soon!
B
Bernie
Jun 15, 2007
I’m so new to it I don’t know what it’s called

Funny, I always know exactly what something I plunk down several hundred dollars for is called…
TB
Toe_B
Jun 15, 2007
It’s my dads lol. Good fun! thanks again for the help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections