Posted By
windandwaves
Jun 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Folk

If I would like to reduce images while keeping quality as good as it can be – going from large CMYK jpg images (e.g. 20 Megabyte) to small jpg images for the web (10kb) then what steps should I take? Should i just reduce and save for the web (high quality) or do I also need to convert to RGB, choose specific reduction methods, etc….

Thanks in advance

Nicolaas

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jun 15, 2007
"windandwaves" wrote in message
Hi Folk

If I would like to reduce images while keeping quality as good as it can be – going from large CMYK jpg images (e.g. 20 Megabyte) to small jpg images for the web (10kb) then what steps should I take? Should i just reduce and save for the web (high quality) or do I also need to convert to RGB, choose specific reduction methods, etc….
Thanks in advance

Nicolaas

Cinverting to RGB will result in a 25% reduction straight away. (3 colours instead of 4) 20MB to 10K is quite a jump and you should expect to see some loss of quality. What are your pixel dimensions, L x B and resolution, ppi. Try resizing to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 with a ppi of 72 if you are only going to display the images on a monitor, not print. Use Bicubic Sharper when resizing and "save for the web". (doesn’t save metadata)

TWK
W
windandwaves
Jun 17, 2007
On Jun 15, 8:06 pm, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"windandwaves" wrote in message

Hi Folk

Thanks in advance

Nicolaas

Cinverting to RGB will result in a 25% reduction straight away. (3 colours instead of 4) 20MB to 10K is quite a jump and you should expect to see some loss of quality. What are your pixel dimensions, L x B and resolution, ppi. Try resizing to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 with a ppi of 72 if you are only going to display the images on a monitor, not print. Use Bicubic Sharper when resizing and "save for the web". (doesn’t save metadata)
TWK

thanks a lot!, i will try that!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections