T
Posted By
Thundercross
Jun 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have no idea what the "freehand format" is…

What is it, and is there a way to export/convert my .psd photoshop files to a freehand format?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 14, 2007
Where are you seeing this? Freehand is a vector application, from Macromedia. Why would you want to convert a psd to Freehand format?
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 14, 2007
Uhmm, Macromedia is Adobe, I believe.

If TC saw freehand with a lower case F, then it might not refer to the program, but the verb. You can create freehand drawing in PS with either the pencil tool or the paintbrush.

On the other hand, if it really is Freehand, then you can save a PS file in eps format, which I think that FH can open. Just don’t expect raster things to magically be in vector format.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 14, 2007
I know that.

Well, he said freehand format, and the only freehand format I can think of is the FH format from Freehand. More info is needed.
T
Thundercross
Jun 14, 2007
Looking for the .eps format… Thanks!!
H
Ho
Jun 14, 2007
Are you sure Freehand parses EPS files?
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 14, 2007
Yes. (Most of them.)
T
Thundercross
Jun 14, 2007
I was asked to design something, so I did in Photoshop and now the guys say they need it in a format that they can open in Freehand…

By saving it as an .eps file this should open in Freehand right? Ive never used Freehand, so Im not familiar with it at all.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 14, 2007
It’ll probably open in FH. But they might want something in the native FH format that they can manipulate. You probably can’t provide that with Photoshop. I would ask them if an EPS in PS will be okay (maybe send off a sample).
T
Thundercross
Jun 14, 2007
Thank you! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections